Weather in Puerto Rico:
! Just Ideal!
In general: Our Winds and Waves throughout the year
- From November to
April : on average 15-20 knots, with days blowing in the 25 knts. Small to Moderate chop in the inside bays, and on the outer reefs you can find waves
almost everyday from waist high up to double over head when a big swell hits. Sunny with night
rain showers. Winds picks up around 10-11am and drops around 5pm.
- February is one of the windiest month of the winter
- From April to August: on average 15-20 knots, with days in the 25 knts. Usually pretty flat; waves if any are small: knee to waist high.
- September and October: the most inconsistent months of year, since its the start of the hurricane season. However, your can on average kite about 1 out of 3 days. It is great for surfing though!
Things you should know:
- No wet-suit necessary
- Phil weighs 180 pounds and his quiver is 9M, 11M, 14M
- Karla weighs 120 pounds, and always manages to ride her 9M
- Best month for wave riding in the outer reefs: February
- Best month for flat water: July